Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Great Britain - Brecon Beacons & Mid-Wales (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Brecon Beacons & Mid-Wales chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
In the magnificent Brecon Beacons National Park, high mountain roads dip down to remote hamlets and whitewashed ancient churches. The Powys countryside is Wales at its most rural – a landscape of lustrous green fields, wooded river valleys and market towns.
- take a spectacular drive through the Vale of Ewyas in the Black Mountains
- soak up the literary vibe of elegant Hay-on-Wye
- avoid the crowds on the tracks to the top of the region’s highest mountain, Pen-y-Fan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Brecon Beacons National Park, Hay-on-Wye (Y Gelli Gandryll), Black Mountains (Y Mynyddoedd Duon), Crickhowell (Crughywel), Brecon (Aberhonddu), Fforest Fawr & Black Mountain, Powys, Llanwrtyd Wells (Llanwrtyd), Builth Wells (Llanfair-Ym-Muallt), Rhayader (Rhaeadr Gwy), Elan Valley, Montgomery, Welshpool (Y Trallwng), Machynlleth, Ceredigion, Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Cardigan (Aberteifi), When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.