Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Great Britain - Birmingham, the Midlands & the Marches (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Birmingham, the Midlands & the Marches chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
If you’re searching for quintessential English landscapes – green valleys, chocolate-box villages of wonky black-and-white timbered houses, woodlands steeped in legend such as Nottinghamshire’s Sherwood Forest, and stately homes – you’ll find it here in the country’s heart.
- survey the buzzing city of Birmingham from its library’s rooftop ‘secret garden’
- hike, cycle or drive through England’s inaugural national park in the Peak District
- contemplate the apple tree that inspired Isaac Newton’s theories on gravity at his former home, Woolsthorpe Manor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Birmingham, Warwickshire, Coventry, Warwick, Kenilworth, Stratford-upon-Avon, Rugby, Staffordshire, Lichfield, Worcestershire, Worcester, Great Malvern, Herefordshire, Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury, Shropshire, Shrewsbury, Ironbridge Gorge, Much Wenlock & Around, Bridgnorth & Around, Church Stretton & Around, Bishop’s Castle, Ludlow, Nottinghamshire, Nottingham & Around, Southwell, Newark-on-Trent, Lincolnshire, Lincoln, Stamford, Boston, Northamptonshire, Stoke Bruerne, Leicestershire, Leicester, Rutland, Rutland Water, Derbyshire, Derby, Ashbourne, Matlock Bath, Chesterfield & Around, Peak District, Buxton, Castleton & Around, Derwent Reservoirs, Edale, Eyam and Bakewell & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.