Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips - Roaming Around Rome Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Roaming Around Rome chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips guidebook.
While Rome (Roma) hogs the limelight, the area around the capital is a real eye-opener, with verdant scenery and thrilling cultural treasures – haunting ancient ruins, hilltop villas and landscaped Renaissance gardens.
- explore the remnants of Villa Adriana, Hadrian’s lavish country residence
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll past fountains, frescoes and landscaped gardens in Tivoli
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- join Roman day trippers in Frascati for fine food, wine and ancient artefacts
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Ostia Antica, Castel Gandolfo, Frascati, Palestrina, Villa Adriana, Tivoli, Rome, Naples, Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.