Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips - Grand Tour Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Grand Tour chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Tour of Italy Road Trips guidebook.
From the Savoy palaces of Turin and Leonardo’s Last Supper to the museums and monuments of Rome, the Grand Tour is part scholar’s pilgrimage and part rite of passage, filled with the sights, sounds and tastes that have shaped European society for centuries.
- catch up on 2000 years of Western history in Rome
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- marvel at marble palaces and gold mosaics in Venice
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- be brave and bite into Florence’s fast-food favourite – a tripe sandwich
- discover even more with detours, top tips and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Turin, Genoa, Padua, Venice, Bologna, Florence, Viterbo, Rome and Naples.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.