Grand Canyon National Park - Understand Grand Canyon National Park and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Grand Canyon Today, History, Grand Geology, Wildlife of the Grand Canyon, Environmental Issues & Conservation, Native Americans of the Grand Canyon, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Health & Safety chapters from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, conservation and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbi-an travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on rocks: everything you need to know about the canyon’s geology
- info on the plethora of flora and fauna in and around the Grand Canyon
- full coverage of the Native Americans who live around the canyon
- details on clothing and equipment to keep you comfortable and safe
Coverage includes: Grand Canyon Today, History, Grand Geology, Wild-life of the Grand Canyon, Environmental Issues & Conservation, Native Americans of the Grand Canyon, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Health & Safety.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.