Grand Canyon National Park - South Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
Easily accessible, well developed and open year-round, the South Rim offers iconic canyon views, almost two dozen official overlooks, historic buildings, multiple trails, museums and ranger talks. Escaping the crowds can be as easy as tramping a hundred yards from an official scenic overlook.
- hike or ride a mule to the Grand Canyon’s only interior canyon lodge, Phantom Ranch
- amble along a dirt road to Shoshone Point, the South Rim’s least crowded promontory with some of the canyon’s best views
- wind along the canyon rim past historic buildings, museums and multiple overlooks on the Rim Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Bicycling, Other Activities, Tours, Sights, Overlooks, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.