Grand Canyon National Park - South Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
It’s not just the grandeur of Grand Canyon that draws visitors. The South Rim’s museums are the best places to explore the area’s human and geologic history, and Mary Colter–designed buildings are perhaps the country’s most iconic national park architecture.
- watch a sunrise or sunset at an overlook along Desert View Dr
- descend into the depths of the South Kaibab
- climb the winding staircase of the Desert View Watchtower
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rim Trail, Shoshone Point, Bright Angel Trail, South Kaibab Trail, Hermit Trail, Dripping Springs Trail, Grandview Trail, Tonto Trail, Grand Canyon Village and Desert View.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.