Grand Canyon National Park - North Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
The North Rim is Grand Canyon plus. Here, the elevation is a little higher, the temperatures are a little cooler, the trails are a little steeper and the views…yeah, they’re a little bigger.
- hike through a charred old forest to the expansive vistas of Point Imperial, the highest point on either rim
- delve deep into the canyon on the North Kaibab Trail
- stroll the Cape Final Trail to a sweeping view of lower Marble Canyon and Vishnu Temple
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Other Activities, Sights, Sleeping, Eating & Drinking, Shopping.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.