Grand Canyon National Park - North Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
Miles of trails wind through old forests of towering pines, past meadows thick with wildflowers, and through layers of ancient rock. This is the kinder, gentler Grand Canyon; once you’ve been here you’ll never want to see the canyon from anywhere else.
- study the stars, breath in the canyon’s emptiness and listen to the silence
- pack a picnic for Point Imperial, the highest lookout on either rim, with an altitude of 8803ft
- snap a once-in-a-lifetime photo at the striking natural arch known as Angels Window
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bright Angel Point, Widforss Trail, Cliff Springs, Cape Final, Transept Trail, Point Imperial, Clear Creek Trail, Ken Patrick Trail, Uncle Jim Trail, Bridle Trail.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.