Grand Canyon National Park - Colorado River (PDF Chapter)
This is the Colorado River chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
As one park ranger recently said, ‘rafting the Colorado is absolute bliss punctuated by moments of pure terror’. Indeed, a journey down the river is a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a virtual all-access pass to the Grand Canyon, in all its wildness, peace and ancient, mighty glory.
- hike along the Colorado through a slot canyon and past pictographs to Deer Creek
- wade through chest-deep pools to Matkatamiba and its natural amphitheatre thick with wild-flowers
- hike Elves Chasm, a romantic grotto lined with ferns, orchids and monkeyflowers
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Planning, Rafting, Rafting Routes.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.