Grand Canyon National Park - Colorado River (PDF Chapter)
This is the Colorado River chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
A journey down the river is a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a virtual all-access pass to the Grand Canyon, in all its wildness, peace and ancient, mighty glory. The depth and beauty of the gorge will take your breath away.
- run the world-class rapids while spectacular canyon walls tower above
- hike the Ancient Puebloan granaries at Nankoweap
- stop for a cold lemonade and scribble a postcard at Phantom Ranch, your one brush with civilization
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lees Ferry, Phantom Ranch, Whitmore Wash and South Cove.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.