*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Grand Canyon National Park - Colorado River (PDF Chapter)
This is the Colorado River chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
A journey down the river is a once-in-a-lifetime experience – a virtual all-access pass to the Grand Canyon, in all its wildness, peace and ancient, mighty glory. The depth and beauty of the gorge will take your breath away.
- run the world-class rapids while spectacular canyon walls tower above
- hike the Ancient Puebloan granaries at Nankoweap
- stop for a cold lemonade and scribble a postcard at Phantom Ranch, your one brush with civilization
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lees Ferry, Phantom Ranch, Whitmore Wash and South Cove.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.