Grand Canyon National Park - Around South Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around South Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
Stretching both north and south of the canyon is the Kaibab National Forest, and to the west of the park’s South Rim are the Hualapai and Havasupai Reservations that encompass thousands of acres of desert and rim-to-river Canyon lands.
- fall for Flagstaff’s laid-back charms, historic downtown and craft beer
- escape the park madness in peaceful Kaibab National Forest
- take a break from hiking and biking at Sedona’s art galleries and gourmet restaurants
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kaibab National Forest (South Rim), Tusayan, Wil-liams, Flagstaff, Havasupai Reservation, Sedona, Cameron, Lake Mead & Hoover Dam, Las Ve-gas.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.