Grand Canyon National Park - Around North Rim (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around North Rim chapter from Lonely Planet’s Grand Canyon National Park guidebook.
The North Rim sits on the southern edge of the spectacular 1010-sq-mile North Kaibab Plateau, refreshingly cool and green at 8000ft and surrounded below by red-rock scenery, miles of trails and vast expanses of desert wilderness.
- boat on Lake Powell or hike a slot canyon
- cycle through the aspen and meadows of the Kaibab
- combine your visit with a trip to Zion and Bryce National Parks, a few hours’ drive north
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kaibab National Forest (North Rim), Fredonia, Kanab, Page & Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Vermilion Cliffs & Marble Canyon.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.