*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Goa & Mumbai - South Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Goa & Mumbai guidebook.
South Goa’s coast is a series of resorts that range from five-star hotel strips to backpacker-friendly beach-hut bliss. Inland you’ll find some fabulous historic sights, fine Portuguese mansions, winding country lanes and wildlife reserves.
- check into a beach hut in beautiful Palolem, where you can kayak, learn to cook or just relax
- marvel at colonial mansions and palácio in the villages of Chandor and Quepem
- learn about Goa’s traditional past at Goa Chitra Museum in Benaulim
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Margao (Madgaon) & around, Vasco da Gama & around, Bogmalo to Betalbatim, Colva, Benaulim, Varca, Cavelossim & Mobor, Assolna to Agonda, Agonda, Chaudi, Palolem, Patnem, Rajbag, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Galgibag & Talpona, Polem, Beyond Goa, Gokarna and Jog Falls.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.