Goa & Mumbai - South Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Goa & Mumbai guidebook.
South Goa’s coast is a series of resorts that range from five-star hotel strips to backpacker-friendly beach-hut bliss. Inland you’ll find some fabulous historic sights, fine Portuguese mansions, winding country lanes and wildlife reserves.
- check into a beach hut in beautiful Palolem, where you can kayak, learn to cook or just relax
- marvel at colonial mansions and palácio in the villages of Chandor and Quepem
- learn about Goa’s traditional past at Goa Chitra Museum in Benaulim
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Margao (Madgaon) & around, Vasco da Gama & around, Bogmalo to Betalbatim, Colva, Benaulim, Varca, Cavelossim & Mobor, Assolna to Agonda, Agonda, Chaudi, Palolem, Patnem, Rajbag, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Galgibag & Talpona, Polem, Beyond Goa, Gokarna and Jog Falls.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.