*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Goa & Mumbai - Panaji & Central Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Panaji & Central Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Goa & Mumbai guidebook.
Central Goa is the state’s historic and cultural heart and soul. Wedged between Goa’s two biggest rivers, the Mandovi and the Zuari, it’s home to the state capital, Panaji, the glorious churches of Old Goa and the wilds of the Western Ghats.
- explore Panaji’s Latin Quarter on foot
- stand in silence in the extraordinary churches and cathedrals of Old Goa, once larger than Lisbon
- enjoy birdwatching at Backwoods Camp
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji, West of Panaji, Panaji to Old Goa, Old Goa, Divar Island, Goa Velha, Pilar, Ponda & around, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Molem & around, Beyond Goa, Hampi & around and Hospet (Hosapete).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.