Goa & Mumbai - Mumbai (Bombay) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mumbai (Bombay) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Goa & Mumbai guidebook.
Mumbai is full of dreamers and hard-labourers, fisherfolk and crorepatis (millionaires). It has India’s most prolific film industry, some of Asia’s biggest slums (as well as the world’s most expensive home) and the largest tropical forest in an urban zone.
- investigate the labyrinthine lanes and stalls in Mumbai’s ancient bazaar district
- marvel at the magnificence of Mumbai’s colonial-era architecture: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, High Court and Gateway of India
- feel the love with the Krishna crowd at the unique Iskcon Temple
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & nightlife, Entertainment, and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.