Goa & Mumbai - Panaji & Central Goa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Panaji & Central Goa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Goa & Mumbai guidebook.
The central region is the state’s historic and cultural heart and soul. It is home to the state capital, Panaji, the glorious churches of Old Goa, inland islands, bird sanctuaries, spice planta-tions and the wilds of the Western Ghats.
- explore Panaji’s historic Latin Quarter, and shop and eat in India’s most laid-back state cap-ital
- stand in silence in the extraordinary churches and cathedrals of Old Goa
- trek out to India’s second-highest waterfall, Dudhsagar Falls, and take a dip in the natural pool
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panaji & Around, Old Goa, Goa Velha, Ponda Region, Molem Region, Beyond Goa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation