Germany - Stuttgart & the Black Forest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stuttgart & the Black Forest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Beyond the high-tech urban pleasures of 21st-century Stuttgart lies a region still ripe for dis-covery. On the city fringes, country lanes roll into vineyards and lordly baroque palaces, spa towns and castles steeped in medieval myth.
- tune into modern-day Germany in Stuttgart, city of high culture, fast cars and beer festi-vals
- wallow in thermal waters and art nouveau grandeur in Baden-Baden, the belle of the Black Forest
- kayak, hike or cycle at Lake Constance, between the Swiss, German and Austrian bor-ders
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stuttgart, Ludwigsburg, Swabian Alps Region, Tübing-en, Burg Hohenzollern, Schwäbisch Hall, Ulm, The Black Forest, Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe, Freudenstadt, Kinzigtal, Freiburg, Schauinsland, St Peter, Breisach, Feldberg, Titisee-Neustadt, Schluchsee, Triberg, Martinskapelle, Villingen-Schwenningen, Rottweil, Unterkirnach, Lake Con-stance, Konstanz, Meersburg, Friedrichshafen, Ravensburg, Lindau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.