*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Germany - Saxony (PDF Chapter)
This is the Saxony chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Saxony has an enormous amount to offer anyone interested in history, music, art, mountain scenery, castles and cobbled-street market towns, and its warm and welcoming people, stellar opera houses and deeply entrenched love of culture will win over anyone.
- take in the stunning baroque silhouette of Dresden’s Altstadt, with the remarkable Residenzschloss and Frauenkirche
- travel back in time to the GDR at museums in Leipzig, Pirna and Radebeul
- clamber up the Schrammsteine for gobsmacking panoramas of the Saxon Switzerland and the Elbe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dresden & Around, Schloss & Park Pillnitz, Schloss Weesenstein, Schloss Moritzburg, Meissen, Saxon Switzerland, Bastei, Rathen, Königstein, Bad Schandau, Leipzig, Western Saxony, Chemnitz, Eastern Saxony, Görlitz and Zittau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.