Germany - Munich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Munich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
The natural habitat of well-heeled power dressers and Lederhosen-clad thigh-slappers, Medi-terranean-style street cafes and Mitteleuropa beer halls, highbrow art and high-tech industry, Ger-many’s unofficial southern capital is a flourishing success story that revels in its own contradic-tions.
- raise a 1L stein at the Hofbräuhaus, the mothership of authentic beer halls
- hit up the south’s leading art museums in the compact area of Kunstareal
- revel in the pomp and splendour of the Residenzmuseum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Munich, Dachau, Schleissheim, Starnberger Fünf-Seen-Land.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.