*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Germany - Munich (PDF Chapter)
This is the Munich chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Munich’s centre retains a small-town air but holds some world-class sights, especially art galleries and museums. Add royal Bavarian heritage, an entire suburb of Olympic legacy and a kitbag of dark tourism and it’s clear why Munich is such a favourite.
- raise a 1L stein of Bier at an authentic beer hall, such as the Augustiner Bräustuben
- feel your brow growing higher among the world-class art collections at the Alte Pinakothek
- revel in the blingfest that is the Schatzkammer der Residenz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Munich & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.