Germany - Lower Saxony & Bremen (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Saxony & Bremen chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guide-book.
Lower Saxony’s patchwork of vibrant small towns and villages is a diverse landscape of forests, farmlands, river plains, heath and moors. Bremen, the smallest of the German states, packs a punch for its size.
- contemplate the atrocities of war and pay respects at Gedenkstätte Bergen-Belsen
- feel moved by the experiences of millions of immigrants who passed through Bremerhaven’s port at the Deutsches Auswandererhaus
- admire the golden archangel and red-brick angles of Bremen’s uniquely designed expres-sionist street, Böttcherstrasse
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanover, Celle, Bergen-Belsen, Hildesheim, Braun-schweig, Wolfenbüttel, Bremen City, Bremerhaven, Worpswede, Oldenburg, Emden, Jever, East Frisian Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.