Germany - Lower Saxony & Bremen (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Saxony & Bremen chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Green and liveable, Lower Saxony’s capital, Hanover, was named Unesco City of Music in 2014. In Bremem City a wealth of fine architecture and cobblestone streets, engaging, educational museums, a vibrant riverfront and happening, modern, multicultural vibe keep things interesting.
- contemplate the atrocities of war at Bergen-Belsen concentration camp
- journey the world at Bremerhaven’s Deutsches Auswanderer Haus and Klimahaus 8° Ost museums
- admire the golden archangel of Böttcherstrasse in Bremen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hanover, Celle, Bergen-Belsen, Hildesheim, Braunschweig, Wolfenbüttel, Wolfsburg, Bremen, the East Frisian Coast, Bremen City, Bremerhaven, Worpswede, Oldenburg, Emden & Around, Jever and East Frisian Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.