Germany - Hamburg & the North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hamburg & the North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guide-book.
From the posh pleasures of Sylt in the west, to the fabled Baltic heritage of historic towns like Lübeck, Wismar, Stralsund and Greifswald, you can sense the legacy of the Hanseatic League in beautiful old quarters created with iconic black and red bricks.
- have a hard day’s night – like the Beatles – no matter what your taste, in St Pauli
- discover a world of enormous ships and fab city views on a Hamburg Harbour tour
- wander through one of German’s prettiest town centres in Lübeck
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hamburg & Around, Stade, Lüneburg, Schles-wig-Holstein, Lübeck, Travemünde, Kiel, Laboe, Schleswig, Flensburg, Glücksburg, Husum, Sylt, Helgoland, Schwerin & the Mecklenburg Lake Plains, Schwerin, Güstrow, Neubrandenburg, Lud-wigslust, Müritz National Park, Neustrelitz, Coastal Mecklenburg – Western Pomerania, Rostock, Warnemünde, Bad Doberan, Baltic Coastal Resorts, Wismar, Stralsund, Rügen Island, Greifswald, Usedom Island, Hiddensee Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation