Germany - Cologne & Northern Rhineland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cologne & Northern Rhineland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Flowing behind Cologne’s iconic cathedral, the Rhine provides a vital link for some of the re-gion’s highlights – Düsseldorf, with its great nightlife, architecture and shopping; and Bonn, the former capital, which hums to Beethoven.
- feel your spirits soar as you gaze up at the loftiness of Cologne’s majestic cathedral
- lose count of the little glasses of Kölsch beer you’ve had in Cologne’s atmospheric pubs
- drink in European art at Düsseldorf’s art museums before comparing the city’s iconic Altbier brew to rival Cologne’s Kölsch.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cologne, Northern Rhineland, Brühl, Bonn, South of Bonn, The Ahr Valley & the Eifel, Aachen, Düsseldorf, Niederrhein (Lower Rhine), The Ruhrgebiet, Essen, Dortmund, Bochum, Duisburg, Münster & Osnabrück, Münster, Osnabrück, Ostwestfalen, Soest, Paderborn.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.