No code necessary. See terms.
Germany - Central Germany (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Central Germany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Central Germany’s captivating landscapes await. From Thuringian Forest hikes, steam-train journeys deep into the Harz Mountains and riverside rambles past Saale-Unstrut vineyards, to medieval castle ruins and restored Renaissance palaces, this region is the stuff of both fairy tale and history.
- delight in Kassel’s cascading Herkules or invoke your inner child at Grimmwelt
- tour Dessau’s Bauhaus gems to study the origins of modernist architecture and design
- wander cobblestoned streets past half-timbered houses in medieval Quedlinburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fairy-Tale Road, Hanau, Steinau, Fulda, Marburg, Nationalpark, Kellerwald-Edersee, Kassel, Göttingen, Bad Karlshafen, Hamelin, Thuringia, Erfurt, Weimar, Schmalkalden, Eisenach, Mühlhausen, Kyffhäuser Mountains, Gotha, Jena, Saale-Unstrut Region, Harz Mountains, Goslar, Bad Harzburg, Wernigerode, Schierke, Quedlinburg, Gernrode, Thale, Saxony-Anhalt, Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Dessau-Rosslau, Gartenreich Dessau-Wörlitz, Magdeburg, Halle and Lutherstadt Eisleben.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.