*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Germany - Central Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Germany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Central Germany’s captivating landscapes await. From Thuringian Forest hikes, steam-train journeys deep into the Harz Mountains and riverside rambles past Saale-Unstrut vineyards, to medieval castle ruins and restored Renaissance palaces, this region is the stuff of both fairy tale and history.
- delight in Kassel’s cascading Herkules or invoke your inner child at Grimmwelt
- tour Dessau’s Bauhaus gems to study the origins of modernist architecture and design
- wander cobblestoned streets past half-timbered houses in medieval Quedlinburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fairy-Tale Road, Hanau, Steinau, Fulda, Marburg, Nationalpark, Kellerwald-Edersee, Kassel, Göttingen, Bad Karlshafen, Hamelin, Thuringia, Erfurt, Weimar, Schmalkalden, Eisenach, Mühlhausen, Kyffhäuser Mountains, Gotha, Jena, Saale-Unstrut Region, Harz Mountains, Goslar, Bad Harzburg, Wernigerode, Schierke, Quedlinburg, Gernrode, Thale, Saxony-Anhalt, Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Dessau-Rosslau, Gartenreich Dessau-Wörlitz, Magdeburg, Halle and Lutherstadt Eisleben.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.