Germany - Central Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Germany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guide-book.
Crucial to its culture, science, industry and history, Mittel-deutschland is Germany’s beating heart. It is studded with cities whose historical importance matches their modern vitality, ridged by low, forested mountains that loom large in German mythology; and edified by museums, cathedrals and castles without number.
- delight in the baroque paradise of Kassel’s Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe or invoke your inner child at Grimmwelt
- climb up to the Zitadelle Petersberg to gaze out over beautifully preserved Erfurt
- walk in Luther’s footsteps in the historic university town of Lutherstadt Wittenberg, and in nearby Lutherstadt Eisleben
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fairy-Tale Road, Hanau & Steinau, Fulda, Marburg, Nationalpark Kellerwald-Edersee, Kassel, Göttingen, Bad Karlshafen, Hamelin, Bodenwerder, Thu-ringia, Erfurt, Weimar, Gotha, Kyffhäuser Mountains, Mühlhausen, Thuringian Forest & the Saale Valley, Eisenach, Jena, Harz Mountains, Bad Harzburg, Brocken & Torfhaus, Goslar, Quedlinburg, Thale, Wernigerode, Saale-Unstrut Region, Freyburg, Naumburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Dessau-Rosslau, Gartenreich Dessau-Wörlitz, Halle, Lutherstadt Eisleben, Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Magdeburg.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.