Germany - Bavaria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bavaria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
Bavaria keeps its clichéd promises: story-book castles poke through dark forest, cowbells tinkle in flower-filled meadows, the thwack of palm on Lederhosen accompanies the clump of frothy stein on timber bench, and medieval walled towns go about their time-warped business.
- indulge your romantic fantasies at fairy-tale Schloss Neuschwanstein
- rack-and-pinion your way to the top of Germany’s highest peak, Zugspitze
- perch at the Eagle’s Nest to enjoy show-stopping Alpine vistas near Berchtesgaden
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bavarian Alps, Füssen, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Oberstdorf, Bad Tölz, Chiemsee, Berchtesgaden, The Ro-mantic Road, Würzburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen, Donauwörth, Augs-burg, Landsberg am Lech, Nuremberg & Franconia, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Coburg, Alt-mühltal Nature Park, Eichstätt, Regensburg & the Danube, Regensburg, Ingolstadt, Freising, Landshut, Passau, Bavarian Forest, Straubing.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.