Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Switzerland Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
Dazzling outdoor scenery and chocolate-box chalets combine with local traditions, cosmopolitan cities and smooth infrastructure in Switzerland, making it easy to dive into its heart on these road trips.
- see the greatest of the great outdoors: perfect peaks, gorgeous glaciers and verdant valleys
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- admire architectural marvels and epic water features
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- savour unique local flavours, pretty towns and off-the-beaten-track beauty
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.