*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - Southern Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Germany Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
Dreamy castles, romantic Alpine meadows, glassy mountain lakes, enigmatic border forests – southern Germany has the lot, and it’s all infused with a feeling of good cheer.
- take the German Alpine Road through the foothills of the Bavarian Alps
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow an old Roman trade route past castles and archaeological wonders
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive around one of Europe’s most attractive lakes
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.