*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - Northwestern Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Germany Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
On these diverse road trips you can explore the fabled vineyards of the Rhine and Moselle valleys, get a culture fix in Cologne and journey along the German Fairy Tale Road.
- wind through the winery-filled Moselle from historic Trier to the river’s end
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- enjoy a summer jaunt from Emden along the Wattenmeer coast to Sylt
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- fall under the spell of the castle-lined riverscape along the Rhine
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.