Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - South Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Germany Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
Dreamy castles, romantic Alpine meadows, glassy mountain lakes, enigmatic border forests – southern Germany has the lot, and tons more besides.
- take the German Alpine Road through Germany’s slice of Europe’s top peaks
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the Bergstrasse, a diverse route following an old Roman trade route
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive around Lake Constance, one of Europe’s most attractive lakes
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Darmstadt, Grube Messel, Burg Frankenstein, Lorsch Abbey, Heidelberg, Wiesloch, Mannheim, Burg Guttenberg, Schwäbisch Hall, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Coburg, Bayreuth, Würzburg, Tauberbischofsheim, Weikersheim, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen, Harburg, Donauwörth, Augsburg, Landsberg am Lech, Schongau, Wieskirche, Füssen, Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau Castles, Passau, Tittling, Frauenau, Zwiesel, Gläserne Wald, JOSKA Bodenmais, Weiden, Lindau, Füssen, Oberammergau, Schloss Linderhof, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Bad Tölz, Chiemsee, Schloss Herrenchiemsee, Berchtesgaden, Königssee, Friedrichshafen, Meersburg, Wallfahrtskirche Birnau, Konstanz, Rorschach, Bregenz, Stuttgart, Tübingen, Burg Hohenzollern, Breisach, Gengenbach, Baden-Baden, Geroldsauer Wasserfälle, Mehliskopf, Walderlebnisstation Hundseck, Wildgehege Breitenbrunnen, Mummelsee, Ottenhöfen, Allerheiligen Wasserfälle, Lotharpfad, Kniebis, Freudenstadt and Munich Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.