Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - Northeastern Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Germany Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
Drive into the spiritual heart of Germany to discover endless beaches and pristine lakes, proud and ancient cities, magnificent gardens, opulent palaces and excellent food and drink.
- follow one of Germany’s great rivers past palaces and fortresses to Dresden
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- enjoy a tantalising tour to a watery forest, WWII sites and medieval marvels
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- celebrate the bracing, beautiful Baltic from Lübeck to Rügen Island
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Lübeck, Travemünde, Wismar, Kühlungsborn, Bad Doberan, Warnemünde, Rostock, Ahrenshoop, Prerow, Greifswald, Stralsund, Göhren, Jagdschloss Granitz, Binz, Weimar, Dessau-Rosslau, Magdeburg, Wolfsburg, Alfeld, Hanover, Lüneburg, Ludwigslust, Schwerin, Güstrow, Waren, Neustrelitz, Neubrandenburg, Greifswald, Görlitz, Bautzen, Saxon Switzerland National Park, Bad Schandau, Festung Königstein, Bastei, Pirna, Weesenstein, Pillnitz, Dresden, Moritzburg, Meissen, Leipzig, Freyburg, Dornburger Schlösser, Erfurt, Drei Gleichen, Eisenach, Kassel, Berlin, Lübbenau & the Spreewald, Schloss Branitz, Cottbus, Stift Neuzelle, Frankfurt (Oder), Gedenkstätte Seelower Höhen, Schiffshebewerk Niederfinow, Kloster Chorin, Gedenkstätte & Museum Sachsenhausen, Saarbrücken, Mainz, Frankfurt, Hanau, Steinau, Fulda, Gotha, Jena, Naumburg, Dessau-Rosslau, Quedlinburg, Wernigerode, Goslar, Mühlhausen, Schmalkalden, Saalfeld, Chemnitz, Berlin Walking Tour and Dresden Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.