Germany, Austria & Switzerland's Best Trips - Austria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Austria Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany, Austria and Switzerland Best Trips guidebook.
Austria is a road-tripper’s fantasy land. Not only are there spectacular backdrops of spellbinding landscapes and storybook architecture, opportunities to get out and experience them abound.
- follow the Danube River as it flows through forests and vineyards
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- walk through wildflower-filled pastures and savour local produce on the Tyrol & Vorarlberg route
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- twist and turn along three of Austria’s most spectacular mountain passes on Grossglockner Road
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Passau, Engelhartszell an der Donau, Linz, St Florian, Mauthausen Memorial, Melk, Dürnstein, Krems an der Donau, Stift Göttweig, Vienna, Salzburg, Werfen, Lienz, Grossglockner High Alpine Road, Zell am See, Krimmler Wasserfälle, Gerlos Alpine Road, Zell am Ziller, Innsbruck, Silvretta High Alpine Road, Rappenlochschlucht, Bregenz, Feldkirch, Schoppernau, St Anton am Arlberg, Landeck, Starkenberger Biermythos, Stift Stams, Hall in Tirol, Kitzbühel, Petronell-Carnuntum, Rust, Schloss Esterházy, Burg Forchtenstein, Burg Lockenhaus, Burg Güssing, Schloss Riegersburg, Graz, St Gilgen, Mondsee, Unterach am Attersee, Kammer, Seeschloss Ort, Traunkirchen, Bad Ischl, St Wolfgang, Obertraun, Hallstatt, Burg Hochosterwitz, Klagenfurt, Velden am Wörthersee, Ossiacher See, Millstatt, Spittal an der Drau, Weissensee, Salzburg Walking Tour and Vienna Walking Tour.
Complete your travel selection