Germany - Around Berlin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Berlin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Germany guidebook.
An area shaped by remote hamlets, lakes, canals and waterways, large swathes of it are protected as biosphere preserves and nature parks, creating a delightful escape from the urban hustle for Berliners and visitors alike. Culture lovers, too, will be rewarded.
- relive the majesty that once surrounded Schloss Sanssouci and other Potsdam palaces
- commune with nature while punting around the web of waterways in the enchanting Spreewald
- get into the mind of an eccentric aristocratic garden artist at Park & Schloss Branitz in Cottbus
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Potsdam, Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Spreewald, Brandenburg an der Havel, Frankfurt (Oder), Chorin and Niederfinow.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.