Georgia & the Carolinas - Understand Georgia & the Carolinas and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Georgia & the Carolinas Today, History, Music, People & Culture, Landscape & Environment, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Carolinas guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people, and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the South’s booming cities and current affairs
- info on the musical legacies of this simmering, sonic melting pot
- full coverage of the region’s history and the centuries of stories this region has to tell
- details on the region’s dramatic landscapes, from the Appalachians to the coast
Coverage includes: Georgia & the Carolinas Today, History, Music, Peo-ple & Culture, Landscape & Environment, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation