Georgia & the Carolinas - Charlotte & the Triangle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Charlotte & the Triangle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Caroli-nas guidebook.
Charlotte, Winston-Salem and the so-called ‘Triangle’ cities of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill anchor North Carolina’s cosmopolitan heartland, which is the hub of its finance and aca-demic world.
- paddle the rapids alongside Olympic canoeists and kayakers at the US National White-water Center
- confront the reality of slavery on a fact-facing tour at the Historic Stagville Plantation
- discover where the sit-in campaign began at the International Civil Rights Center & Mu-seum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Charlotte, The Triangle, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill & Carrboro.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.