Georgia & the Carolinas - Atlanta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Atlanta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Carolinas guide-book.
Charismatic and lush, Atlanta is a feverish, easy-on-the-eyes cavalcade of culture, cuisine and Southern hospitality. Beyond the big-ticket Downtown attractions you will find a constellation of superlative restaurants, a palpable Hollywood influence and iconic African American histo-ry.
- ponder the struggles of the Civil Rights movement at the Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site
- hop from museum to museum in the center of Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park
- gawk over galleries in the High Museum of Art, the Southeast’s most acclaimed muse-um
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Georgia & the Carolinas - Understand Georgia & the Carolinas and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)