Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan - Nagorno-Karabakh (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nagorno-Karabakh chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan guidebook.
Nagorno-Karabakh is the fourth piece of the South Caucasus jigsaw, a geopolitical product of the Soviet Union and a self-declared republic recognised by no one. Travel here is still an adventure, but rapidly improving infrastructure means better hotels, restaurants and hiking trails.
- visit Gandzasar Monastery, the most important building in Karabakh, with its rich friezes and magnificent detail
- wander around the lovely hilltop town of Shushi, Karabakh’s cultural capital
- hike the excellent Janapar Trail, a well-marked 190km-long walking trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Nagorno-Karabakh, Nagorno-Karabakh Today, History, Directory A-Z, Stepanakert, Shushi, Southern Karabakh, Northeast Karabakh, Northwest Karabakh and Kelbajar.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.