*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan - Georgia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Georgia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan guidebook.
From its green valleys spread with vineyards to its old churches and watchtowers perched on mountain slopes, Georgia offers a marvellous canvas for walkers, horse riders, cyclists, skiers and travellers of every kind. Tbilisi, the capital, is still redolent of an age-old Eurasian crossroads.
- enjoy the fascinating Old Town, fine restaurants, fun bars and good museums of Tbilisi
- discover unique Svan culture, ancient defensive towers and wonderful walking amid Georgia’s finest alpine scenery in Svaneti
- explore Vardzia, an entire medieval city carved out of a cliff face
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Georgia, Georgia Today, History, Arts: Music & Dance, Visual Arts, Literature and Cinema, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Tbilisi & around, Mtskheta, Gori & around, Western Georgia, Kutaisi & around, Zugdidi, Abkhazia, Sukhumi, Northwest of Sukhumi, Adjara, Batumi & around, Great Caucasus, Svaneti, Georgian Military Highway, Khevsureti, Tusheti, Kakheti, Telavi & around, Sighnaghi & around, Davit Gareja, Lagodekhi Protected Areas, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Borjomi, Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park, Bakuriani, Akhaltsikhe and Vardzia.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan - Understand Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)