*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan - Azerbaijan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Azerbaijan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan guidebook.
Selling itself as the ‘Land of Fire’, Azerbaijan (Az?rbaycan) is a tangle of contradictions and contrasts. Neither Europe nor Asia, it’s a nexus of ancient historical empires, but also a ‘new’ nation rapidly transforming itself with a super-charged gust of petro-spending.
- compare the grand stone architecture, medieval walled city centre and modernist tower skyline of Azerbaijan’s dynamic capital, Baku
- seek out an 18th-century palace, unforgettable caravanserai-hotel and picturesque Old Town in ??ki, cupped in beautiful wooded mountains
- take in stone- and bronze-age petroglyphs and a nearby ‘family’ of wonderfully weird mud volcanoes near Qobustan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan Today, History, Arts: Cinema, Literature, Music, Painting and Sculpture, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Baku (Bak?) & around, Ab?eron Peninsula, Qobustan, Northern Azerbaijan, Quba & around, Northwestern Azerbaijan, ?smay?ll?, Lah?c, Q?b?l?, ??ki, Qax & ?lisu, Zaqatala & Car, Balak?n, Central Azerbaijan, G?nc?, Southern Azerbaijan, Bil?suvar, L?nk?ran, Talysh Mountains and Astara.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.