Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan - Armenia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Armenia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan guidebook.
Few nations have histories as ancient, complex and laced with tragedy as Armenia. And even fewer have a culture that is as rich and resilient. Attractions include the country’s extraordinary collection of medieval monasteries, the dramatically beautiful landscape, and delightfully exuberant Yerevan.
- enjoy time in the welcoming cafes, wine bars and restaurants of Yerevan
- marvel at the ancient rock-hewn churches at Geghard Monastery
- hike between spectacularly sited monasteries in the Kasagh Gorge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Armenia, Armenia Today, History, Arts: Cinema, Music, Visual Arts, Theatre and Dance, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Yerevan & around, Northern Armenia, Ashtarak & around, Byurakan & around, Mt Aragats, Gyumri & around, Stepanavan & around, Vanadzor, Debed Canyon, Dilijan & around, Ijevan, Lake Sevan & around, Tsaghkadzor, Southern Armenia, Pokr Vedi (Khor Virap), Areni, Noravank, Yeghegnadzor & around, Yeghegis Valley, Vayk, Jermuk, Sisian & around, Goris & around, Tatev, Kapan and Meghri.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.