Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips - County Galway (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Clare chapter from Lonely Planet’s Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips guidebook.
County Galway’s exuberant namesake city is a swirl of colourful shop-lined streets, enticing old pubs, and an increasingly sophisticated food scene that celebrates local produce. And some of Ireland’s most picturesque scenery fans out from Galway’s city limits.
- pick a pub in Galway for a lively night of music
- find hidden beaches and seaside hamlets in Connemara
- restaurants & accommodation
- explore ruins, historic sites and Father Ted in the Aran Islands
Coverage includes: Galway City, Aran Islands, Inishmore, Inishmaan, In-isheer, Connemara, Inishbofin, Letterfrack & Around.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.