Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips - County Clare (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Clare chapter from Lonely Planet’s Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips guidebook.
County Clare combines spectacular windswept landscapes and vibrant Irish culture. Right along the coast, the pounding waves are a magnet for surfers, and surf schools set up on many of Clare’s beaches in summer.
- admire the view from the spectacular cliffs of the Loop Head Peninsula
- catch some traditional music in Miltown Malbay
- restaurants & accommodation
- be stunned by the beauty of the Cliffs of Moher
Coverage includes: Ennis, Southwestern & Western Clare, Kilrush, Loop Head Peninsula, Ennistimon, Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, Doolin, Lisdoonvarna.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map