Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips - Counties Mayo & Sligo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Counties Mayo & Sligo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Galway & the West of Ireland Road Trips guidebook.
Despite their natural wonders and languid charm, Counties Mayo and Sligo remain a well-kept secret, offering all of Ireland’s wild, romantic beauty but without the crowds. Mayo is the more rugged of the two, whereas Sligo is more pastoral.
- snap a zillion photos in the picturesque Georgian town of Westport
- find soaring cliffs and sheltered sandy beaches at Achill Island
- restaurants & accommodation
- explore the megalithic tombs and Stone Age monuments at Ballycastle
Coverage includes: County Mayo, Cong, Westport, Achill Island, Ballina, County Sligo, Sligo Town.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map