France's Best Trips - Pyrenees & Southwest France Trips (PDF Chapter)
Stretching from the dog’s-tooth peaks of the Pyrenees all the way to the scrubby, sunbaked plains of the Languedoc, the southwest is a region that’s made for driving, with lots of scenic roads punctuated by fabulous viewpoints.
- explore the majestic mountain landscape, easily the equal of the Alps
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- traverse the crags and causses of the Cévennes, with a landmark bridge at either end
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- head into Bas-Languedoc’s backcountry to discover its Cathar castles
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Pont du Gard, Uzès, Anduze, Florac, Gorges du Tarn, Parc Naturel Régional des Grandes Causses, Roquefort, Viaduc de Millau, Carcassonne, Château d’Aguilar, Château de Peyrepertuse, Château de Quéribus, Château de Puilaurens, Château de Puivert, Château de Montségur, Foix, Le Puy-en-Velay, Conques, Figeac, Cahors, Moissac, Condom, St-Jean Pied de Port, Pau, Vallée d’Aspe, Vallée d’Ossau, St-Savin, Argelès-Gazost, Cauterets, Cirque de Troumouse, Col du Tourmalet, Tarascon-sur-Ariège and Toulouse Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation