France's Best Trips - Normandy & Brittany Trips (PDF Chapter)
Normandy offers some of France’s most iconic sights, including poignant memorials along the D-Day beaches as well as dramatic coastal landscapes, quiet pastoral villages and architectural gems ranging from Rouen’s medieval old city to the striking postwar modernism of Le Havre.
- investigate the origins of impressionism, from Étretat’s cliff s to Monet’s waterlily garden
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the course of the WWII invasion on Normandy’s beaches
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- fatten yourself up on a tour of Normandy’s creamy cheeses
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Giverny, Rouen, Dieppe, St-Valery en Caux, Fécamp, Étretat, Le Havre, Honfleur, Deauville-Trouville, Caen, Quistreham, Juno & Gold Beaches, Arromanches, Longues-sur-Mer, Bayeux, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach, St-Malo, Dinan, Roscoff, Presqu’île de Crozon, Quimper, Concarneau, Josselin, Pont-Aven, Carnac, Vannes, Camembert, Musée du Camembert, Livarot, St-Pierre-sur-Dives, Pont l’Evêque, Distillerie Christian Drouin, Honfleur, Neufchâtel-en-Bray, Les Andelys, Rouen and Caen Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation