France's Best Trips - Loire Valley & Central France Trips (PDF Chapter)
World-renowned châteaux and fine wines may be the most obvious reasons to visit central France but this region was also once the site of Europe’s grandest volcanoes,its largest concentration of cave dwellings and some of its finest medieval architecture.
- tour France’s greatest châteaux, from austere medieval towers to exuberant royal palaces
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover the Loire’s subterranean world: wine cellars, cave dwellings and mushroom farms
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- search for medieval treasures in Burgundy’s churches, monasteries and fortified villages
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Chinon, Langeais, Villandry, Azya-le-Rideau, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Blois, Cheverny, Chambord, Saumur, Turquant, Montsoreau, Candes-St-Martin, Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud, Musée Rabelais, Château de Brézé, Doué-la-Fontaine, Rochemenier, Château de Brissac, St-Hilaire-St-Florent, Angers, Vulcania, Puy de Dôme, Orcival, Col de Guéry, Le Mont-Dore, St-Nectaire, Besse-et-Ste-Anataise, Puy Mary, Salers, Cluny, Tournus, Dijon, Beaune, Autun, Semur-en-Auxois, Abbaye de Fontenay, Noyers-sur-Serein, Vézelay, Gevrey-Chambertin, Château du Clos de Vougeot, Nuits-St-Georges, Aloxe-Corton, Château de Pommard, Château de Meursault, St-Romain, Château de La Rochepot, Puligny-Montrachet and Dijon Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.