France's Best Trips - Atlantic Coast Trips (PDF Chapter)
The Atlantic coast is where France gets back to nature. Much more laidback than the Med, this is the place to slow the pace right down. Driving through this region is all about quiet country roads winding through vine-striped hills.
- uncover the unique world of the Basques on a compact trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover the fortified villages and castles of the rural Dordogne
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- tour the twisting rivers, limestone gorges and vintage vineyards of the Lot
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Bayonne, Biarritz, Cité de l’Océan, Guéthary, St-Jean de Luz, San Sebastián, Grottes de Sare, Ainhoa, Espelette, Itxassou, St-Étienne de Baïgorry, St-Jean Pied de Port, Bordeaux, La Winery, Pauillac, Château Lanessan, Cognac, Blaye, St-Émilion, Gujan Mestras, Arcachon, Dune du Pilat, Sarlat-la-Canéda, Ste-Nathalène, Carsac-Aillac, La Roque Gageac, St-Cyprien, Mortemart, Bergerac, Creysse, Monbazillac, Les-Eyzies-de-Tayac, Grotte de Pech Merle, Grotte de Font de Gaume, Grotte des Combarelles, Abri du Cap Blanc, Grotte de Rouffignac, Le Thot, Grotte de Lascaux, Monflanquin, Monpazier, Villefranche-du-Périgord, Domme, Rocamadour, Martel, Château de Beynac, Villefranche de Rouergue, Najac, Figeac, St-Cirq-Lapopie, Bouziès, Cahors, Luzech, Puy l’Évêque, Château de Biron, Bonaguil, Villeneuve-sur-Lot, La Rochelle, St-Émilion, Île de Ré, Cirque de Gavarnie, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Arles, Marseille, Cannes, Nice, Aix-en-Provence and Bordeaux Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.