France's Best Trips - Alps, Jura & Rhone Valley Trips (PDF Chapter)
From the Rhône river to Europe’s highest mountain, eastern France is a crazy quilt of inspirational landscapes, atmospheric cities and bucolic villages. Our itineraries head in all directions from Lyon.
- revel in France’s high-country grandeur, from lakeside Annecy to top-of-the-world Chamonix
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- mellow out amid bucolic highlands and rolling vineyards in this off -the-beaten-track region
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- hike verdant meadows and rugged canyons where the Alps and Provence meet
- discover even more with walking tours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Besançon, Dole, Arbois, Pupillin, Poligny, Château-Chalon, Parc Naturel Régional du Haut-Jura, Mijoux, Les Rousses, Annecy, St-Gervais-les-Bains, Chamonix, Val d’Isère, Col de l’Iseran, Bonneval-sur-Arc, Col du Galibier, Briançon, St-Véran, Lans-en-Vercors, Gorges de la Bourne, Grottes de la Luire, Chichilianne, Défi lé de la Souloise, Sisteron, Moustiers-Ste-Marie, Gorges du Verdon, Villefranche-sur-Saône, Salles-Arbuissonnas-en-Beaujolais, Vaux-en-Beaujolais, Mont Brouilly, Beaujeu, Villié-Morgon, Fleurie, Moulin à Vent, Juliénas, St-Amour Bellevue, Fuissé, Roche de Solutré, Lyon, Vienne, Valence, Mirmande, Montélimar, Gorges de l’Ardèche, Mornas, Orange and Lyon Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation